Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter!

 
Ellie's first Easter was a pretty quiet affair.  Since she's too young to understand the Easter Bunny or Easter egg hunts, we had a nice, quiet weekend.  Jeff had to go to Tallahassee on Saturday to drive a car for work, so Ellie and I had an opportunity to spend some time playing, just the two of us. 

 
On Sunday, we went to church, where Ellie was pretty quiet until communion time.  Then she decided that anyone who did not already know she was at the service should certainly hear her voice and thusly started screaming.  Fortunately, our church is very family friendly and very understanding of babies crying.  After church Ellie had some time to play, and then my cousin Zach came over and we had a nice springtime inspired Easter dinner. 

 
For dinner I made a rack of lamb (my first time cooking lamb!  I used this recipe and it was delicious and super easy!).  We also had an asparagus and Gruyere tart and a salad of mixed greens, goat cheese, and dried cranberries.  Zach joked that he brought communion, since he brought the bread (dinner rolls) and wine (a yummy Malbec that went really well with the lamb).  I also made individual strawberry tartlettes (inspired by this recipe). Everything was really tasty and we all enjoyed a nice dinner.  I'm so pleased that Zach and I live close to one another now.  He grew up in Texas, I grew up in Maryland.  We didn't see each other very often when we were kids.  He moved here a year ago for work and I've really enjoyed being able to spend time with him over the past year.  It's nice to have family around! 
 
All in all, we had a very nice Easter.  Jeff and I are looking forward to next Easter when Ellie will be able to have a little bit more fun with the Easter Bunny and an Easter egg hunt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment