Saturday, February 23, 2013

7 Months


Ellie turned 7 months on Valentine's Day.  I realize I'm a little late on updating you on how she's doing, but we've been pretty busy!





She won't have a check up until 9 months, so our best guess (by taking her on the scale with us) is that she's about 17 lbs.  She's still wearing 6 month clothes, but most of her 3-6 months clothes have been put up, and she is able to fit into 6-9 months as well.  Ellie is just such a happy baby.  Our living room has turned into her play area, and she's happy to just play for hours in there.  Bananas and sweet potatoes are her favorite foods, but so far she hasn't refused to eat anything we've given her.  She's crawling all over the place now.  On hard floors (tile and hard wood) she uses her left knee and right foot to crawl, so she's a little slow-going and takes frequent breaks.  But when she's on the carpet, man can she move quick! 



My c-section wounds have finally started progressing toward healing. I have my surgery (deep wound debridment) scheduled for March 6, but we're hoping I'll make enough progress between now and then that we can cancel the surgery.  I'm still pumping 4 or 5 times a day to get milk for Ellie.  We have to supplement with formula.  After mastitis, a bad stomach virus, and pneumonia all hit me within days of each other, my milk supply took a pretty big hit.  I usually get enough milk that she's only having 4-8 oz of formula a day, so I'm okay with that.  Plus, I feel like after everything we've been through, the fact that I'm still pumping and giving her any milk is no small feat. 

My friends and family have been wonderful: helping us out when and where they can -- babysitting, gift certificates for restaurants and housekeepers, cleaning!  It's such a blessing to have so many people who care so much about us that we continue to get support.  Jeff is a pretty amazing husband and father and I'm reminded of that daily as I watch how hard he works to take care of us.  Even though the past 7 months have not been easy, we're getting through it and Ellie is flourishing! 









2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are feeling better! It's awesome that you are still pumping; quite a feat when you were so sick. Ellie is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Pumping has not always been easy, but it's worth it to give her the best food I can.

    ReplyDelete